Join our upcoming Ferment & Pickle Online Course!
Starting on Tuesday the 16th of January 2024.
In this masterclass, Niva & Yotam will personally support you on your fermenting and pickling journey.
During the course, we cover what are lacto-fermentation and pickling, the necessary equipment, health and safety considerations and demonstrations of easy-to-follow step-by-step recipes for delicious ferments, providing you with the confidence to ferment at home. This course is a companion to The Abundant Kitchen book with additional video content and live sessions with Niva & Yotam.
- 3 live online meetings with Niva and/or Yotam and peer students.
- 1.5 + hours of in-depth videos to walk you through each topic.
- Join a community of like-minded learners
- Links to suppliers.
- Share pictures of your ferments to get personalised feedback from Niva and Yotam.
- Get all your related fermentation questions answered
- 1-year access to the course material, including the opportunity to keep asking questions on the course platform and get support from Niva, Yotam and the Pākaraka Team
- In this online course, we will follow the first chapters and content of our book, The Abundant Kitchen. You can purchase a copy of the book with the course by choosing this option below (free shipping).
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those taking their first steps in fermenting and pickling and those who have been doing so for years and want to improve their skills, fill in gaps in their knowledge and gain more confidence in making various recipes.
This course covers everything you need to know to get the best results from your lacto-fermentation and pickles. Whether you have an abundant vegetable garden or shop your veggies, we will show you how to transform them into delicious ferments and pickles. We advocate for simple equipment you will likely already have at home. We will also share the suppliers and products we prefer using.
Our techniques are simple yet reliable. We will demonstrate using a wide range of foods and how to make them in small and large quantities. Learn the right strategies and techniques for your lifestyle to enjoy ferments and pickles of the highest nutritional value and quality throughout the year.
The Fermentation & Pickling Online Course starts on Tuesday the 16th of January 2024
Weekly Live Sessions with Niva and Yotam Kay will be held on Zoom (we will send you the meeting link).
- Tuesday the 16th of January 2024, at 6 pm New Zealand Time (4 pm Australia Melbourne/Sydney)
- Tuesday the 30th of January 2024, at 6 pm New Zealand Time (4 pm Australia Melbourne/Sydney).
- Tuesday the 13th of February 2023, at 6 pm New Zealand Time (4 pm Australia Melbourne/Sydney.
The live sessions are recorded and available on the course platform to view again or in case you can't make it. You can submit questions for Niva & Yotam before the session for them to address.
Get started now!
Niva and Yotam established Pākaraka Permaculture
- Market Garden and Educational Centre for Regenerative Living in Thames,
Aotearoa New Zealand, in 2014.
Niva and Yotam, are the authors of the #1 Bestseller book The Abundant Garden (2021) and The Abundant Kitchen (2023). They were awarded the peer-reviewed 'Farmer of the Year' at the 2021 Organic NZ Awards, and the Transforming Food - Judges commendation in 2017 by Sustainable Business Network.
Since 2006 they have been gardening, fermenting, pickling and preserving together, experimenting with a wide variety of techniques and teaching others to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions